Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Determination













I applied for unemployment online. There were a lot of sternly worded details about eligibility. One of them said:
You must be determined to be fully unemployed.
I thought, "Oh hell yes! I'm your woman! I'm absolutely determined to be fully unemployed." I did think it was a bit of an odd requirement.

On further consideration, I realized that it means THEY will DETERMINE, based on your answers to various questions, whether you can be considered to be fully unemployed and therefore eligible for unemployment benefits. Too bad, really, because I'm sure they'd have a lot of enthusiastic takers for my original interpretation of the sentence.

1 comment:

  1. Joan at AMNH1:46 PM

    Hilarious. Spoken like a true utili-brarian!

    ReplyDelete